Dark Chocolate Gelato with Peperoncino and Cinnamon
0.0/5 rating (0 votes)
- Translation: Gelato Friandise
- Region: Lazio
- 150 gr (5 oz) bittersweet dark chocolate
- 200 ml (7 oz) milk
- 200 ml (7 oz) heavy cream
- 125 gr (4.5 oz) sugar
- 1.5 gr (¼ tsp) Peperoncino or cayenne pepper
- 2.5 gr (½ tsp). Ground cinnamon
- 250 ml (1 cup) heavy cream whipped
- 25 gr (5 tsp) powdered sugar
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) unsweetened espresso
- Chop the chocolate into pieces about the size of commercial chocolate chips
- Heat the milk (200 ml / 7 oz) and sugar (125 gr / 4.5oz) in a medium sized saucepan until sugar is dissolved. Do not boil.
- Over very low heat, stir the chopped chocolate into the hot milk/sugar mixture.
- Whisk continuously until all the chocolate is melted and you have a smooth shiny mixture
- Off the heat, whisk in the heavy cream (200 ml / 7 oz) and the crushed chili pepper powder.Refrigerate.
- When cool, pour mixture into your gelato machine and follow the instructions for your particular machine.
- Whip the cream, stir in the powdered sugar and espresso