Tour Director / Host
(Taking names for future positions)
This is a demanding, but fulfilling position. Our Tour Managers (hosts) are responsible for the day to day running of our tours in Italy- getting our guests from city to city, pointing out the best sights and sounds of Italy and making sure everyone has a great time along the way. We look for people with personality and passion, who are fun, friendly, and approachable and most of all who enjoy looking after other people.
Why work with Culture Discovery?
Culture Discovery is a fast-growing company, that focuses on a true sense of friendship with our guests. We are not a typical get 'em in and get 'em out tour company. Rather, our guests are looking for a truly authentic experience. Because of this, you will never have the stress of "selling" to the guests or ushering them through tourist traps. Instead, you are a trusted travel companion. Furthermore, our company culture is one of extended family. It is a lifestyle, not a job.
As one of our hosts, you are the face of CDV, helping our guests every day, doing everything in your power to make sure that this is the best vacation of their life. Because of this, we have very high expectations, and he highest of standards for anyone that becomes part of out family.
To be a part of our family you'll need to:
- Be passionate about travel and Italy - you must be eager to learn and have the desire to keep on learning.
- Be honest and trustworthy - Our hosts never take kickbacks, never sell options, and never profess to have knowledge they lack.
- Be enthusiastic and motivated - we expect you to work hard with our company and for our guests.
- Have excellent time management skills.
- Be responsible and professional at all times, while also being friendly & caring with a strong sense of humor.
- Have the ability to get along with all types of people - our guests come from all around the globe, all age groups, and have many different expectations.
- Thrive on challenge - our training trip and the job itself will constantly present you with many different and difficult situations.
- Be positive and have the ability to deal with all situations in a calm and professional manner.
- Be a problem solver - you will have to assist guests with lost passports, when they have injuries or need to visit a hospital, conflict of personalities etc.
- Work well as part of a team - when you are on tour you will be working with your Tour Driver, On Site Team Members, local suppliers and guides - you will be part of a very big picture.
- Have legal working status in Italy
- Have experience working with and leading groups.
- Have confidence when speaking in front of a group.
Web Designer, Programmer, Webmaster
We are seeking someone for a contract position that will work with us on a total redesign of our website and back-end reservation system. Strong graphic design abilities are a requirement, as is excellent knowledge of the following:
ModX CMS, Bootstrap, PHP, XML, MySQL
Additionally, proficiency in Coldfusion is a plus for porting parts of the current reservation system to PHP, as well as knowkedge of the IOS SDK and Social Media integration.