Last Update: October 15, 2020 - 10:30 AM EDT
Worry-Free Reservations for 2021 and Beyond...
Our hearts and thoughts go out to all who have been impacted by this unprecedented situation and we want you to know that the wellbeing of our guests and our teams has always been – and will always be – our first priority. It is just who we are.
CDV is prepared to resume 100% of its operations with its 2021 season, and we want to assure our guests that reserving a trip with us can be a worry-free decision. Above all, we want our guests to know that safety is always a primary concern for us, while we also want to make sure our vacations are as enjoyable and authentic as ever. We have a plan, and while we will take every safety measure, we will not allow fear to get in the way of CDV being CDV. So please read these pages, and we believe you will be as excite to get back to travel as we are!
Will it be safe to travel in 2021?
While we cannot predict the future, all signs point to a very strong "yes." As of this writing:
- Over 150 vaccines are in development, eleven are in phase 3 trials, 5 of which are approved for use in various countries.
- The most conservative estimates state that the leading vaccines will be available to all Americans by March or April of 2021, in time for our season.
- Several vaccines are expected to be cleared by late December
- Antibody therapeutics as a "bridge to the vaccine" are nearing approval in 2020
- The severity of hospitalized Covid cases has decreased significantly, thanks to a weakening of the virus through many mutations
- Second waves of the virus have proven to be significantly weaker
What if I don't want to take the vaccine?
We fully understand that some will choose to wait before accepting the vaccine to see how safe it is. But even those that do not get vaccinated are protected by those that are. Imagine you are in a room with 100 people and you have not been vaccinated. But 70 of them have been vaccinated, and 20 of them already have the antibodies. In such a case, there are only 10 people in that room that have the potential to spread the virus to the other 9 unvaccinated people. That means that 90% of the people in that room have immunity, which means the room itself has achieved herd immunity. So even if you are one of the few that choose not to be vaccinated, the virus cannot spread and cause devastation. You are protected by others that are protected.