Total Time: 55 min
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 40 min
Yield: 2 pounds of cookies
- 1 pound sliced almonds, lightly toasted
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 7 large egg whites
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Powdered Sugar (Optional)
- Butter and sugar for greasing the cookie sheet
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl or the bowl of electric stand mixture fitted with a whisk attachment, begin whisking the eggs to eventually form glossy, medium-hard peaks.
- Once the egg whites are foamy, begin slowly adding the sugar to the mixture, then the vanilla and cinnamon.
- When the eggs form glossy, medium-hard peaks, use a spatula to gently fold in the almonds.
- Using a tablespoon, gently dollop the cookie mixture onto the prepared baking pan, leaving a 1-inch space around the individual cookies on all sides.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and turn the oven to 250 degrees F.
- When the oven comes to temperature, place the cookies back in the oven and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool to room temperature.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar to make them a little less ugly =)
View all comments