Eggless Pasta Dough
5.0/5 rating (1 votes)
- 400 gr (1 ¾ cup) all purpose flour
- 200 ml (¾ cup) water
- 4 gr (¾ tsp) salt
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) olive oil
- Place the flour on a work surface. Make a well in the center
- Add salt to the well
- With a fork, begin slowly to stir some water into the center of the well
- Begin to pull in some flour from the inside of the well, making sure that your mixture is smooth and free of lumps
- Continue adding water and stirring in flour until all flour is incorporated
- Work with your hands, kneading vigorously for 5-7 minutes until you have a firm, smooth ball of dough. Adjust for stickiness by adding a bit more flour if needed.
- Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
Cutting the Pasta
- Cut off 3” pieces from the dough.
- Flatten into a rectangular shape with your fingers
- Dust dough and work surface lightly with flour to prevent sticking
- With a rolling pin, roll to a thickness of about 1/8”, maintaining the rectangular shape
- Switch to a ridged rolling pin and, pressing firmly, roll over the dough to create long noodles.
- Gently pull the noodles apart (you may need to use a knife to help separate the noodles, if the roller didn't penetrate deeply enough into the dough.
- Arrange the cut noodles on a floured surface and toss them with some flour every 3-4 minutes to prevent sticking
- Continue until all the dough is rolled and cut
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, add a Tbsp olive oil and cook for about 4 minutes.
- Drain and toss with sauce