What is your deposit and cancellation policy?
|Title:||What is your deposit and cancellation policy?|
|Author:||Daniele Pintaudi||Date:||Sep 21, 2019||Views:||5,276|
|Tags:||cancellation policy deposit travel insurance|
Unless otherwise specified on a special itinerary, following it our deposit and cancellation policy:
Deposit and Balance:
If the vacation is more than 90 days from the date of booking:
- Deposit: 20% of vacation total is due when you book.
- Balance: The remaining 80% is due 90 days before the start date of the trip.
If the vacation will begin in 90 days or less:
- The full balance is due with booking
While we understand that there are often many things to coordinate, we cannot hold space on any of our trips without a firm deposit.
After a Deposit is Paid:
- If you booked more than six months in advance. your deposit is refundable within 50 days of the time you place your reservation.
- If at the time of cancellation, it is more than 180 days in advance of the vacation, and also more than 50 days after you made your deposit, your deposit is non-refundable, but we will be happy to apply 100% of it toward any of our other vacations anytime within the next 12 months.
- If at the time of cancellation, it is between 180 and 90 days in advance of the vacation, your deposit is non-refundable, but we will be happy to apply 20% of it toward any of our other vacations anytime within the next 12 months.
After the Full Balance is Paid (90 days or less before the start date):
- If at the time of cancellation, it is between 90 and 14 days in advance of the vacation, your deposit is non-refundable, but we will be happy to apply 20% of it toward any of our other vacations anytime within the next 24 months.
- If at the time of cancellation, it is between 14 and 0 days in advance of the vacation, your deposit is non-refundable, and we, unfortunately, cannot apply any portion to future vacations.
These cancellation terms reflect times that we must pay out expenses for your trip on your behalf. At times that we no longer offer refunds, we have already paid out the associated costs, and refunds are not available to us. Because of this, we are unable to bend these terms. Please obtain travel insurance as soon as you book your reservation. If you need, we are always happy to help with this.
Please Get Travel Insurance
Every year we see people forced to cancel because of unforeseen events. Illness in the family, natural disasters, and all sorts of other things can and do get in the way of travel plans. Every so often, this happens to one of our guests that decided not to spend the money on travel insurance. Sometimes when this happens, they ask us to make an exception with regard to our policy. This puts us in a very uncomfortable position. Our cancellation policy is not about making money on people that don't come. It is merely about covering costs we have already paid out on your behalf.
Our vacations are not like a product that one can simply take a return on, then put back on a shelf, and Italy is very much a "pay in advance" society. Once you have booked, we pay some of the expenses for you. Part of this is not refundable to us.
90 days before your vacation begins, we pay out the vast majority of our expenses for you, and if you do not come for any reason, we cannot get that back. So to put it simply, if a couple were to cancel 89 days before the trip, a full refund by us would not only cause us to lose the value of two people on the trip, but also all of our expenses for those two people. In other words, we would lose much more than what you actually paid us because we would be refunding money to you that we cannot get refunded to us.
Taking all of this in consideration, we strongly urge all of our guests to obtain travel insurance so that this kind of issue is protected for all involved.