Dates & Prices - Medieval Chestnut Festival & Wine Harvest Season
Dates & Prices - Medieval Chestnut Festival & Wine Harvest Season
2021 Calendar for:
There are currently no tours starting in 2021 scheduled to start after today's date.
2022 Calendar for: Italian Festival Week in Soriano - Medieval Chestnut Sagra & Wine Harvest SeasonPlease note that if you don't see a date listed on calendar for 2022, we can often accommodate you and add it to our calendar with the itinerary of your choice. Additionally, if the "Spaces Remaining" column of a listed week is green, we may be able to change to a different itinerary if you are the first to reserve that week. Simply ask us.
2023 Calendar for:
We have not yet released our schedule for 2023 for the location you have chosen. Please check back.
Please note that if you don't see a date listed on calendar for 2023, we can often accommodate you and add it to our calendar with the itinerary of your choice.
The Not So Fine Print:
In addition to this vacation, we have many more dates with similar itineraries if these dates do not work with your schedule. Click here to see our full calendar.
All travelers with us are bound by the terms of service on our vacations. You can see them by clicking here. In addition to the terms of service, we will require a waiver of liability that you can see by clicking here. We may requests people traveling with us to complete a medical form. You can see a copy of it by clicking here.
Deposit & Payment Requirements
All prices listed are in US Dollars. If you are paying in a different currency, your price is locked in with US Dollars, but the price in your currency will depend on the exchange rate at the time your deposit is charged, then again when your balance is due. If you would like to lock in a price with a currency other than US Dollars, you can do so by paying the full amount at the time of your reservation.
- All prices are land only, per person, based on double occupancy. Airfare and travel insurance are not included.
- 20% of the total is due at time of booking to secure your spaces.
- The balance is due 90 days before your vacation begins.
- We strongly advise "cancel for any reason" travel insurance. (we provide links with our confirmations) for all guests. Click here to read why
Supplements & Discounts
|Single occupancy supplement:||+||US $350.00|
|Alumni Discount||-||US $200.00|
What's Included & Not Included
Your all-inclusive price includes just about everything. To make it completely clear, here is a full breakdown of our all-inclusive policy:
Included in the price:
- 7 Nights private accommodation in a beautiful medieval village home for each night on itinerary. (Each party has their own private home)
- 20 Meals (7 Breakfasts, 6 Lunches & 7 Dinners) as listed in itinerary.
- All cooking classes and associated food costs.
- Culture Discovery Apron & Recipe Book.
- Welcome goodies in your home (Wine, mineral water, coffee, cookies, etc.)
- Daily day trips and excursions.
- Wine with all lunches and dinners.
- Transfers to and from Rome Airport or Orte Train Station. Transfers based on our published schedule.
- Transportation all week to all destinations (by bus).
- All entry fees for excursions, tours and tastings.
- English speaking vacation host & guides throughout the duration.
What's Not included:
- Personal Expenses
- Any consumption of mini bar or bar/restaurant facilities in hotel outside our planned activities.
- Alcohol beyond what is on pre-planned menus
- Room Upgrades
Arrival & Departure Transfers
We offer one free shuttle for arrivals:
From Rome (FCO) Airport: Departure at 11:00 AM.
If you are flying in the same day, be sure to get a flight that arrives before 10:30 AM in order to give you time to get through customs.
Note that while on our other Soriano weeks, we offer an afternoon train station pick up, we do not on the medieval festival weeks because Soriano closes to vehicle traffic in the afternoon.
There is one morning shuttle for departures.
We leave Soriano at around 6:00 AM*
We arrive at the Orte Train Station at around 6:30 AM**
We arrive at the Rome (FCO) Airport at around 8:00 AM***
* If all departing flights or trains are late enough to allow us to leave later, we will leave later. Similarly, if someone has an early flight, we may leave a bit earlier.
** This will be sufficient time for trains leaving after 7:00 AM.
*** This will be sufficient time for outbound flights leaving after 10:00 AM.
If you are continuing on to another destination within Italy
We suggest you have us drop you off at the Orte Train Station. From there, you can quickly get to the main train station in Rome for trains nationwide.
If you would like to rent a car at the end of your vacation with us
The most convenient (and cost-effective) way would be to have us drop you off at the Rome FCO airport, where there are many rental agencies, and easy access. Note: There are no reliable car rental agencies in or around Soriano.
If you would like to sleep in and depart at a later time, we can generally arrange it so long as we know in advance. Transportation in this case will be at your own expense. We will need to have access to your home no later than 9:00 AM for cleaning. If you make this choice, you will be on your own for transportation as we are limited to one vehicle for transfers, and our staff is spread thin on Saturdays with cleaning the homes, checking people in, and helping people with their departures. There is no taxi service from Soriano, nor are there any car rental agencies. There is, however, regularly scheduled bus service to the Orte Train station from which you can get to just about any other destination in Italy.
If you would like for us to pre-arrange a private transfer for you (for arrival or departure), the prices are as follows per car, and can be paid directly to the driver. They usually cash only (EUROS). Note that if you arrive on a late flight, and need to arrange a driver on the spot, the prices will likely be much higher at the airport.
Average Pricing Private Transfers:
The table below shows average pricing to expect for private transfers. We are not in control of the companies that perform these services, so we cannot guarantee a price until a private transfer is arranged for you.
|Rome FCO Airport||Soriano||~150 Euro|
|Rome CPO Airport||Soriano||~170 Euro|
|Rome City Hotels||Soriano||~150 Euro|
|Orte Train Station||Soriano||~50 Euro|
Cancellation PolicyCancellation Policy as of 2020:
- Deposits are refundable within 50 days of booking, so long as they are made more than 180 days before the start date of the tour.
- After 50 days, deposits are no longer refundable. However, if you find someone to take your space, your deposit may be applied to them.
- All further scheduled payments are non-refundable once they are made. If we sell out the tour (including reserve spaces not shown on the website) we can move your full payment to another tour within 12 months.
The nonrefundable portions of payments are due to the fact that we are contractually responsible to pay those amounts for you at those times, even if you cancel. Therefore, we strongly urge all guests to obtain travel insurance as soon as possible after booking. Please click here to read about the importance of obtaining travel insurance
Our complete policy and terms for all vacations can be found at https://www.culturediscovery.com/docs/terms-of-service.cfm. By reserving any vacation with Culture Discovery Vacations, you are agreeing to these terms.