Dates & Prices - Portugal – (New!) Family, Culture, Wine & Cooking
Dates & Prices - Portugal – (New!) Family, Culture, Wine & Cooking
2020 Calendar for: Culture, Cooking, Wine and Family - Discover Beautiful Portugal: The Little Country with a Very Big Heart
2021 Calendar for: Culture, Cooking, Wine and Family - Discover Beautiful Portugal: The Little Country with a Very Big HeartPlease note that if you don't see a date listed on calendar for 2021, we can often accommodate you and add it to our calendar with the itinerary of your choice. Additionally, if the "Spaces Remaining" column of a listed week is green, we may be able to change to a different itinerary if you are the first to reserve that week. Simply ask us.
2022 Calendar for:
We have not yet released our schedule for 2022 for the location you have chosen. Please check back.
Please note that if you don't see a date listed on calendar for 2022, we can often accommodate you and add it to our calendar with the itinerary of your choice.
The Not So Fine Print:
In addition to this vacation, we have many more dates with similar itineraries if these dates do not work with your schedule. Click here to see our full calendar.
All travelers with us are bound by the terms of service on our vacations. You can see them by clicking here. In addition to the terms of service, we will require a waiver of liability that you can see by clicking here. We may request some people traveling with us to complete a medical form. You can see a copy of it by clicking here.
Deposit & Payment Requirements
All prices listed are in US Dollars. If you are paying in a different currency, your price is locked in with US Dollars, but the price in your currency will depend on the exchange rate at the time your deposit is charged, then again when your balance is due. If you would like to lock in a price with a currency other than US Dollars, you can do so by paying the full amount at the time of your reservation.
- All prices are land only, per person, based on double occupancy. Airfare and travel insurance are not included.
- 20% of the total is due at time of booking to secure your spaces.
- The balance is due 90 days before your vacation begins.
- We strongly advise "cancel for any reason" travel insurance. (we provide links with our confirmations) for all guests. Click here to read why
Supplements & Discounts
|Single occupancy supplement:||+||US $450.00|
|Alumni Discount||-||US $200.00|
What's Included & Not Included
Your all-inclusive price includes just about everything. To make it completely clear, here is a full breakdown of our all-inclusive policy:
Included in the price:
- 7 Nights in the Hotel FeelViana
- 20 Meals (7 Breakfasts, 6 Lunches & 7 Dinners) as listed in itinerary.
- All cooking classes and associated food costs.
- Culture Discovery Apron & Recipe Book.
- Daily day trips and excursions.
- Wine with all lunches and dinners.
- Buffet Breakfast daily.
- Transfers to and from Porto (OPO) Airport. Transfers based on our published schedule.
- Transportation all week to all destinations by luxury coach
- All entry fees for excursions, tours and tastings.
- English speaking vacation host & guides throughout the duration.
What's Not included:
- Personal Expenses
- Any consumption of mini bar or bar/restaurant facilities in hotel outside our planned activities.
- Spa and extra services at hotel
- Snacks/Drinks between meals, or any meals not listed on itinerary
- Room Upgrades
If you would like to upgrade at FeelViana, we will be happy to request it for you. Any additional charges for the upgraded room will be paid by you directly to the hotel.
Arrival & Departure Transfers
We offer one free shuttle for arrivals:
From Porto (OPO) Airport: Departure at 2:00 PM.
If you are flying in the same day, be sure to get a flight that arrives before 12:30 PM in order to give you time to get through customs and baggage claim.
If you are already in Portugal on the start date:
If you are in Porto, there is easy and inexpensive taxi or Uber service from the center of Porto to the airport. It is approximately 25 euro per car. There is also a metro from the center of Porto to the airport. The cost is about 4 euro.
if you want to arrive on your own to the hotel, there is train service directly to Viana do Castelo from Porto, Lisbon and other areas of Portugal. You would need a transfer, on your own, from the train station in Viana to the hotel. The cost for a cab is about 10 euro.
There is one morning shuttle for departures.
We leave the hotel at around 7:00 AM*
We arrive at the Porto (OPO) Airport at around 8:00 AM*
** This will be sufficient time for trains leaving after 10:00 AM.
If you are continuing on to another destination within Portugal
There is a train station in Viana do Castelo that services many cities in Portugal. There is also service into Spain.
If you would like to sleep in and depart at a later time, we can generally arrange it so long as we know in advance. Transportation in this case will be at your own expense. We will need to have access to your room no later than 10:00 AM for cleaning. If you make this choice, you will be on your own for transportation as we are limited to one vehicle for transfers, as our staff is spread thin on Saturdays.
If you would like a private transfer for your arrival or departure, we have found it best that you are in direct contact with your driver. Please contact the Hotel Feel Viana for a recommendation. Note: That if you arrive on a late flight, and need to arrange a driver on the spot, the prices will likely be much higher at the airport.
Cancellation PolicyCancellation Policy as of 2020:
- Deposits are refundable within 50 days of booking, so long as they are made more than 180 days before the start date of the tour.
- After 50 days, deposits are no longer refundable. However, if you find someone to take your space, your deposit may be applied to them.
- All further scheduled payments are non-refundable once they are made. If we sell out the tour (including reserve spaces not shown on the website) we can move your full payment to another tour within 12 months.
The nonrefundable portions of payments are due to the fact that we are contractually responsible to pay those amounts for you at those times, even if you cancel. Therefore, we strongly urge all guests to obtain travel insurance as soon as possible after booking. Please click here to read about the importance of obtaining travel insurance
Our complete policy and terms for all vacations can be found at https://www.culturediscovery.com/docs/terms-of-service.cfm. By reserving any vacation with Culture Discovery Vacations, you are agreeing to these terms.